Friday, September 4, 2009

Adventure Shoes!

I have a philosophy on life that requires heavy adventuring. And for every adventure you really need the right pair of shoes. Here I will share some winning adventure shoes, they've allowed me to see many awesome things.

The first adventure shoes ever: my 2002 Adidas Trail Runners. I bought them in 2002, and they're still the best shoe I've ever owned. Ever. I can't bare to throw them away because I love them so much, and they still have a little sole to them.
They were from an important time in my life, when my foot tan-lines were around my ankles, not my toes.

Next up: my 2008 Tevas. Oh how I loved those tan lines. Unfortunately for these shoes, I walked through the bottom of them in 4 months. They are no longer comfortable to walk outside in, but they make me smile and they don't take up a lot of space, so I keep them around (much like I can tolerate children; young adults, those are another matter).

My current love: the 2009 Chacos. They did take a bit of breaking in, getting my big toes used to being restrained and my heels well-...heeled? I wear them everywhere, just look at my awesome tan lines. They're also good for making friends, everyone loves someone in Chacos.

Finally, my splurge shoe: my 2009 Salomon Trail Runners. I haven't tried a pair of trail runners since my first pair. I didn't think they could be beat, but this pair is a close 2nd. They have Velcro and bungees. No shoe laces! Is there anything better than a pair of hiking shoes you don't need to tie? No, there isn't.


My friends, we live in a rough world, but there are always shoes to make things a little sunnier.

On a similar note, I'm working on making the bottoms of my feet tough so I can try barefoot running. It's supposed to be better for your joints than running in running shoes. I don't have it on good authority that it is indeed true, but I thought I'd try it out.

1 comment:

Ellis Wyatt said...

your blog rules! have you heard of barefoot ted? if you havent you should look him up. he has a rad blog as well. and if you HAVE heard of him, what are your thoughts?