Thursday, May 16, 2013

Adventure Inspiration

There's been a lot of field work happening lately, but I'll get to writing about that adventure later.  Right now, I've just a got to share this image my sister sent me.


That's my nephew, celebrating a recent ascent.  I love everything about this picture, but most of all, I love that smile.  I hope to enjoy more things at that level of happiness.  I can't even describe how inspiring this picture is (I hope Liz sees it that way too, but I imagine she's more frightened by just how skillful and daring this kid is).

Turns out, that kid has some inspiring siblings, pictured below.



Yeah, these guys know how to live life well.  As always, thanks Liz, for sending me pictures.  I love them so much.

And finally, I'm inspired to go on more adventures because Brent's awesome mom, Jan, can make them into a cake.  The delightful cake pictured below was based on our most recent trip to Independence Monument. The cake itself was delicious, but also featured real rocks, interpretive signage, and Lego climbers carefully selected to represent Brent and I (Brent with backwards baseball cap and beard, me with my broad-brimmed Scientist hat).  Everyone should have someone as great as Jan in their lives.


So there you have it.  The things currently inspiring me to go on another adventure.  As soon as all this field work business is done with (hopefully just one more week!), I'll be headed to City of Rocks or Maple Canyon or Canyonlands or Little Cottonwood Canyon or.....

1 comment:

Jan said...

Thanks Becka, I'm glad you liked the cake. It was fun to depict you and Brent ... you are such fun people! Love ya!