Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Great Pumpkin Adventure


Well, things are really swinging into gear. Whatever gear busy is, that's the gear I'm in. I didn't get to relax much during my fall break (which was just a three day weekend, boo), but I did have some fun. Friday I spent the day with my family picking pumpkins and seeing Body Worlds. Both were awesome. Some quick fun facts and ponderous quotes I wrote down my the little notebook they gave me:
  • The blood vessels of the human body would stretch around the world, twice, if laid out in a line.
  • Neither the heart nor the brain dominate the sphere of emotions, both organs relate and respond to each other.
  • Spread out flat, the cerebral cortex would be approximately 16 square feet.
  • The brain is approximately 2% of our body weight, but requires 20% of our blood supply.
  • "Your body is the harp of yours soul. And it is your to bring forth sweet music from it or confused sounds." --Khalil Gibran
  • The tendency to see the worst in any situation makes a person more likely than any other factor (weight, gender, race) to have a heart attack.
Despite the hour long wait in line, it was freaking incredible. It just amazes me the way the body works, the musculature, the nervous system, organs...all of it is just cool.

Before dorking out at the museum, we all dorked out at the pumpkin patch, here are some photos of that moment.
Here is where I fell out of my shoes. Note to all potential pumpkin adventurers: wear shoes you cannot fall out of.
Me and Scotty are going to rule the world someday, and we'll always look epic when we do.
Saturday my family came up to the Boo at the Zoo, because they're wonderful. I don't have any pictures of that particular moment, but we did manage to capture the fact that Lizzy and I have gone our separate ways when it comes to purses. While I have been opting to minimize the amount of crap I carry around, she has had to carry around more stuff, I imagine its part of being a good mother (there's no chance diapers, wipes or baby food would fit in my bag). It was way fun to be able to show them around my zoo and see them twice in one week.

Now I'm off to prepare for my week out of town. Tomorrow I'm driving to Fort Collins to see my friend Tiff and go to a class on Managing the NEPA Process (that's right, I'll know how to manage something when I get done!).

1 comment:

Marf said...

you and scott have great epic poses, but if he wants to look truly epic he should lose the ladies shades :)