Sunday, May 17, 2009

Adventure Week Part 2: Denver

Thursday morning I headed out for Denver. As much as it makes my legs stiff, I really enjoy long drives. A few people have lost faith in Gus's ability to road trip, I hoping he gets it back, because I like to road trip in him.

Thursday night I rolled into Aurora (a mildly shady suburb of Denver) and spent the evening chatting with my friend Tiffany. The next morning we got up to explore downtown Denver. It was kind of crowded and scary working to find a parking lot. First stop was the 16th Street Mall, a great pedestrian friendly street with a lot of places to eat and shop. After stopping by and talking to a lovely woman who gave us a map and explained some of the places we could go. Next stop, the Colorado State Capitol Building.
We found some phone booths that were wicked awesome, but they didn't have any phones in them. Weird.
We wandered around the building for quite some time before we found our way to the top. After 4 floors and 99 stairs, we made it. It was a pretty good view from up there. And it was totally cool to wander around place we shouldn't be in the capitol.
Next we went to the Denver Botanical Gardens. They had this awesome exhibit about plants that were around during the Jurassic Period. It was great. And sunny.
Later that night we went to a club in downtown Denver, it was a debaucherous good time. I ended up tripping in the middle of the road a bruising myself up quite nicely. All in all, it was a great trip.
----------------
Now playing: George Carlin - Channel 7 Editorial
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

Marf said...

Wow, it looks like you got a little culture here, seeing the capitol and the botanical gardens. I'm highly impressed.
word verification is lionsee...it isn't hard to imagine the definition for this one. Although if you imagine someone screaming it as the run past you, it could be more interesting.