Sunday, May 17, 2009

Adventure Week Part 3: Cheyenne

Gus has had a troubled spring. Coming back from Washington after spring break he started getting the shakes really bad. Eventually this lead to replacing the pitman and idler arms (which got rid of the brain-jarring part of the shaking), then getting a front end alignment, and eventually replacing the leaf springs and u-joint. It was a long journey, but Saturday I got Gus back. He was behaving very well on my way to Denver. He was doing even better on the way back, then I took the interchange between I-25 and I-80 and my clutch stopped working. It was mildly alarming, because I thought it was all my pedals. I did manage to pull my truck out of gear and stop on the side of the clover-leaf interchange. From there I managed to procure a tow truck, which left me in the Wal-Mart parking lot in Cheyenne (it was the only place I could think of stopping, it seemed convenient). I spent the rest of the day wondering what time it was and where to explore in Cheyenne, Wyoming. There wasn't a lot to see, but I managed to enjoy my day.
I found a green way that was entertaining to walk down. There was some interesting information about the solar system on signs around there. Plus, they had constructed a wetland through the center. Very nice.
I spent quite a lot of time trying to find 'balance.'
I love tunnels. It has something to do with Golom from "Lord of the Rings" and the fact that tunnels are awesome. I found it entertaining that these tunnels were so well labeled, I would hate to see the type of pedestrian-bicycle-tunnel accident that could result in there.
I want to go to Superday, just so I could wake up knowing its Superday, rather than Saturday.
Then I found some weeds growing through AstroTurf that was laid down by the sidewalk. Ridiculous and awesome.
Then I went back to my domain, where I read a book and napped. I enjoyed my downtime, it forced me to relax a little. However, I must conclude that Cheyenne doesn't have much to offer.
----------------
Now playing: O.A.R. - King Of The Thing
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

Marf said...

I did not manage to keep my worrying under control this day. I had no idea you had found some places to wander and find balance. I pictured you sitting in the cab of your truck at Walmart crying and fending off creepy men. It wasn't pleasant for me.
word verification is "iders", I think these are people who always think they would have done things differently