Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Movies I'm Psyched Out of My Mind For!

So, last night I finally managed to see "Star Trek" and it was everything I dreamed it would be! I'm just waiting for someone to do something crazy so I can ask "Are you out of you Vulcan mind?!?!" The cast was freaking amazing, I love Simon Pegg more than most any other actor, so it was great to see him. Then there was Zachary Quinto/Sylar, amazing! Then there was Anton Yelchin, John Cho, Karl Urban and Eric Bana! Oh my gosh! Plus they brought in Leonard Nimoy too! I was on total dork overload by the time I got home! Oh, good gracious. It was great.

So, while there are many other things I need to blog about, I will take a short cut and blog about the movies I'm looking forward to, I'm too busy to post pics of things that require pictures. So take a gander at these trailers, and get psyched for a hyper dorky summer!

First off, "The Brothers Bloom." This might have already come out, but I haven't seen it anywhere yet. It looks hilarious, a little off-beat and totally awesome.

Then there's the new Tim Burton movie, 9. I still haven't seen Sweeney Todd or Coraline, but I will, then I'll see this one. The list of people doing the voices is amazing enough, then there's the concept of creations with the spark of life hiding from machines that have taken over the world. So much cooler than "The Matrix." Also, they have "Welcome Home" by Coheed and Cambria as the music in the trailer, I'm a sucker for good trailer music.

I'm also pretty stoked for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Thinking about the book just reminds me of the time I couldn't stop reading it, despite it making me cry while I was working. I'm curious how they managed to rate it PG, so that's really reason enough to see it.

I love most anything Johnny Depp does, and Christian Bale is really a close second. So you can imagine how excited I am for "Public Enemies." It looks to be an amazing film!

Another actor I love it pretty much anything is Robert Downey Jr., how adorable is he? The next movie he's doing is "Sherlock Holmes." It look hilarious. I'm pretty amped for it.

Last night I was really surprised to discover the trailer for "G.I. Joe" made it look cool. It will probably have terrible dialogue, but the effects look pretty rad. Also, totally love Channing Tatum (who is chronically offering terrible dialogue, but often acts without a shirt on, and I love that).

I'm a little confused about "The Ugly Truth." Kathrine Heigl is kind of hit-and-miss with me (I couldn't stand her character in "Grey's Anatomy."), but I always love Gerard Butler (that man is hands down of the most gorgeous fellows around). I feel like I know how its going to end, but I hope there's a few surprising laughs along the way. Other drawback, the trailer music, I hate that corruption of a really good song.

Another chick flick, "The Proposal," looks like it could be decent. I generally enjoy Sandra Bullock movies, and I love love love Ryan Reynolds. I won't say I'm amped, but I will say I'm looking forward to it.

And the ultimate dork movie I'm psyched for: "Transformers!" There are no words to describe how action-tastic this looks. Just watch it.

So there it is, I'm a big movie dork who will be spending a good portion of my income this summer on movies. Hope you enjoy the trailers (if you click on the highlighted titles, the link should take you the the Apple Trailers page for that fill), if you ever need something else on the Internet to take up your time, go to www.apple.com/trailers. It's wonderful, much better for finding trailers than You Tube.

1 comment:

LM said...

We loved Star Trek too...I even downloaded a phaser for my itouch, which is great fun!