Friday, April 12, 2013

New Camera, That's All

It's been another busy couple of weeks, with little time for blogging.  While not having time to write anything fun is tragic enough, I got a new camera and haven't had much time to play with that either.  I've been thinking for a while that I should upgrade to an SLR camera, but I hesitated because of my well documented habit of breaking expensive things.  But last week I decided I couldn't wait anymore and bought a Pentax K-30.  And so far it's wonderful.  I went wondering up to First Practice Wall to take pictures of my favorite flower, and ended up taking pictures of some of the other little pieces of spring that were poking through.  Here's what I found:


My all-time favorite flower.  It grows on the crag in the early spring, and it's adorable.  I don't even know what it is, but I love it.  

This little green thing growing up through the leaves.  


Limestone is pretty cool.  Sometimes I love the way it weathers, other times I hate it.  Either way, it's what we've got here in Logan, and it's pretty.  

Yeah, it's a selfie, but a selfie with a fish-eye lens.  

And a picture of a sign, of course.  

It was super fun learning how to focus my lens, I'm pretty stoked to learn how to manipulate all the other features.  It's so exciting!

No comments: