Sunday, April 14, 2013

Nostalgia - Little Girlies

I'm almost done with the nostalgia, I promise, but I've just got to talk about the Little Girlies.  By luck, or exceptionally wise planning, my parents managed to have their children in pairs, of sorts.  

My family, circa 2006, when they all stopped aging.  

This has given us all an ally (and an antagonist) growing up.  Liz and I had each other, there was Scott and Ryan together against a sea of girls, and Alex and Courtney - the Little Girlies.  Despite the fact that they are both taller than me and approaching adult-hood, they will always be the Little Girlies, it's just the way it has to be.  And here is how they will always look, about 4 and 7 years old.  



Alex is getting ready to graduate high school and start college at USU.  She's wicked smart, a great artist, and just a delight.  But a part of me wishes she was still this young: 




Courtney will start High School next year as a dancer on the drill team.  In addition to dancing, she's very driven with her school work and up for just about anything.  But I will always see her as this little baby here (she has it particularly rough because there's so much documentation of her as a baby):  



Obviously, I had a way with children.  

Alas, they've grown up and started accomplishing some pretty huge things.  I love them so much, and while it's a little frightening to watch them grow up, it's also great fun to have them become my friends and I'm very proud of them.  Love you Little Girlies.

No comments: