Friday, January 2, 2009

I'm Feeling Resolved

So every year I think that maybe I won't set any New Year's Resolutions, but then I think of something. I have a few this year, and they seem downright managable.
1. I am going to say "I mean to..." less and DO more. It's a little wishy-washy for a resolution, but I feel good about it.
2. Use my passport at least once. I imagine I can manage this by going to Canada over the summer, but my dreams go far beyond that. And if I have to stall out this summer working on my thesis then y'all can plan on joining me for a tropical winter adventure (I'm thinking Honduras).
3. Use my bike more. I'm thinking that if I just think about it enough I'll want to ride it more. Either way, biking is the most efficient means of human powered transporation, and while I don't always love efficiency, it could be fun.

So there it is, all the things I intend to do this year. Now I just have to figure out something to give up for Lent. I figure the New Year is the time for action, while Lent is the time for abstinence, call me crazy, but it makes sense to me.

Now here are some pictures from New Years. I spent it with the family. It was low key, but cool.




----------------
Now playing: Tori Amos - Caught A Lite Sneeze
via FoxyTunes

3 comments:

LM said...

Sounds like some good resolutions. I have not figured out anything specific yet, maybe not being such a slacker, but your mom sometimes rubs off! We had a great time on New Years Eve, glad you were there and glad you made it home in one piece after! Happy New Year!

Lovely Lizzy said...

So I was thinking about it the other day, and even with your tips I can't take a self portrait that looks nice.
And from viewing your blog, specifically the last picture, I've decided that I can't be a part of them.
I'm glad you start for so long too. It was a nice holiday break.
I was thinking today too that we haven't seen you since then. I'm having withdrawls. I fear my kids might not recognize you. When will you be down next?
Oh wait you were down for a little bit on Monday. Ok, I guess since it wasn't an overnighter and such it didn't register as an big visit.
My word verification is: puzzing.

Becka said...

Lizzy, I love that picture and I think you look great in it (really, its one of my faves). And I'll be down to see you and your kiddies soon, don't let them forget about me.