Sunday, January 13, 2013

Things That Are Ruining the Internet


I usually try and post something thoughtful, something story-telling, and something frivolous.  But I can’t think of the frivolous thing right now.  I've been resisting the urge to list my pet peeves, because that’s giving way too much energy to my pet peeves, which are better ignored than indulged.  So I’ll just say this:

I hate sports and work-out motivation.  Dumb quotes posted over images of sweating people.  Usually something like this:


Hate it!  However, it must motivate someone.  In the end, I just don’t like being told what to do, I suppose.  I don’t like to be yelled at to go faster and do more repetitions.  In fact, I don’t like repetition.  I like to run for long distances at a 10-minute mile pace.  That’s it.  I like when people bring posters to marathons, the most motivational one I've ever seen said “You Can Do Hard Things.”  Eh.  I suppose it might all just come down to my love of running slowly and my distaste for lifting weights.  I shouldn't spend too much time hating on it, right?  I've almost come to terms with the fact that my witty blog about pet peeves probably wouldn't be that funny.  But every time I find myself in a bad mood, I want to rant....  

No comments: