Sunday, September 7, 2008

Some Awesomeness

No adventuring for me this week. However, I was moderately productive, I got almost all my readings for my pretty cool history class done on time, I got all the paperwork that I needed turned in for my program, and I gave up caffeine. This weekend has been less than productive, mostly due to the caffeine withdraw headaches. Friday night was pretty good though, the Retro House hosted a little concert in the backyard, and it was really good. I haven't been able to find them on google, I plan on looking harder later, but Black and White Rainbow is a really hilarious and talented band out of good old Logan. One of the other acts was this guy who called himself Calvin Smooth, he likes to rap. It was really pretty entertaining, and one of his songs is on YouTube, so I thought I'd post it here. It has about a thousand fun pop culture references, and you can catch a glimpse of my truck at the beginning (it doesn't get any better than that).



Some other awesomeness you should be aware of: G Love and Special Sauce. They opened up for 311 some years ago, but it's only lately that I've remembered to download their stuff, and it is just so good. My current favorite is "Superhero Brother." When times get dire, I'm calling on G Love to come save me, hopefully he gets bit by a radioactive spider or somethin' in the meantime (everyone, look up the song on whatever website you can, it is hilarious).

Also very good: Stumble Upon! Scott told me about it some time ago, and I just added it to my web browser. It is a fantastic way to waste time. Just yesterday it pointed me in the direction of this video.



Daft Punk and the Charleston!!! There is nothing better. Well, maybe there is something. "Heroes" comes back on September 22!!! I just finished the 2nd season, and it was good, but I have higher expectations for the 3rd season. Nathan just got shot, Sylar got his power back, Adam is locked in a casket...what's going to happen next?!?!?! The TV Guide just made it worse, at some point in the season Future Claire tries to shoot Future Peter! Oh my! Also, I don't know if anyone else actually watches "Heroes" (but you all should), does anyone have any idea what Angela Patrelli's power is?

Anyways, enough dorkiness. I'm off to Clinton.

3 comments:

Marf said...

i have tried to get you to love the shows i do, but you refuse to comply. Amazing race, house, er, survivor...heroes is ite but you could do better. it's a good thing you are interesting or we might vote you off. well, i guess you have redeemed yourself with Grey's anatomy. Is your pee still frozen?

Becka said...

I can get into Amazing Race, and I enjoy House from time to time, but of all the medical shows out there, why would anyone choose ER? Especially after George Clooney left. Watch Heroes. It's amazing. As for my pee, it unfroze, but now I'm worried about how accurate the cryo-thingy is, what if it has ruptured the cell membranes of more than the outer layer of my cervix?

Lovely Lizzy said...

I only had time for one post tonight. I'll try to read the other tomorrow. That was fun though, and I did spot your truck.
I still think it's a small world, and I hope he's not as lame as Kevin. :)
Seems pretty cool to me.