Saturday, March 7, 2009

Becka's Epic Northwest Adventure

Monday I leave for my next big adventure: Washington. I've got a half-cocked scheme that I'm working on cementing in place, but I can already tell I'm going to need some wiggle room. I don't know what the weather will be like. I imagine it will be rainy, but I'm hoping not too cold. Either way, there is way too much for me to see, so I'm currently just planning on 4 or 5 stops (not counting interpretive highway pull-outs (its another compulsion, I must pull over and read what they have to say). So here's the overall route to get there:


View Larger Map

(google maps is so cool you can move the map around within my blog (boo ya!). Point A is my home, I'll start from there around 9:00, if everything goes according to plan. Point B is Hanford Reach National Monument. They manufactured plutonium here, which isn't so rad, but it is an important part of our country's history I plan on exploring a bit. Point C is Mount Rainier National Park. At 14,410 feet, Mount Rainier is the highest peak in the Cascades. I don't plan on climbing it, but I will explore the park a bit. I will likely end up spending my first night here, or somewhere between Points C and D ("somewhere" being a designated camp site). Point D is the ultimate destination: Olympic National Park. It's a rain forest, in the United States! How freaking rad is that?!?!?! There's so much to see here, I just don't even know where to start. I'm going to see the Hoh Rain forest, maybe Hurricane Ridge. I'm going to try and spot some wildlife along the coast. Then I think I'll take the ferry to Victoria, Canada (yeah me, using my passport). I may come home Friday afternoon, or maybe Saturday. Whatever happens, I'll will definitely be home by Sunday.

I'm so freaking excited I can barely make myself go to work tomorrow. Hooray! My trip will be amazing. And there is very little chance I will get stranded anywhere, so that's a plus.
----------------
Now playing: Dropkick Murphys - Which Side Are You On
via FoxyTunes

2 comments:

Marf said...

I am glad you like to adventure, but you know how I worry, so puleeze be safe! Call often...

Scooter said...

pssh. Screw calling leave mom guessing what has happened to you. It will increase her imagination by a ton.