Friday, December 26, 2008

My Next Big Adventure!

So I'm off on an adventure tomorrow, and I'm freaking psyched! I had an excellent Christmas, and now I'll have an excellent mini-vacation. It will be a little cold, but I'm excited to get out of town. Just look at the weather forecasts for the next few days in: Escalante, Utah as compared to Logan, Ut. It will get up in the 40's! Amazing! I shoveled almost a foot of snow off the driveway today, there's no chance of snow in that region! Yeah!
Among the activities on my t0-do list:
  • hike
  • camp
  • eat
  • ponder the wonders of the world
  • view things
  • drive wonderful places
And just to allay the fears of those who doubt my adventuring skills, here's my not-to-do list:
  • drown
  • fall
  • freeze
  • asphyxiate
  • get a brain injury
  • get rescued
  • die
Everything will be just fine, a little chilly, but not snowy. Yeah! So far the plan is to go to
1. Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument
2. Kodachrome Basin State Park
3. Capitol Reef National Park
4. Goblin Valley State Park
Just take a quick perusal of those links and check out the potential awesomeness I will see. If things get nasty I will come home sooner, but I'm super psyched to see some of the awesomeness of southern Utah. And even more psyched to be out of Logan. Hooray!
Love you all!

----------------
Now playing: Social Distortion - Story Of My Life
via FoxyTunes

3 comments:

LM said...

Sounds like a fun adventure, glad you are not going it alone...and thanks for not sniffing things! :)

Lovely Lizzy said...

You better be careful. No crazy roads that nobody will ever travel on. If you don't have cell phone service, you shouldn't be there. Hmm. Do you have cell phone service at all down there?
Be safe. We'll see you in a week.

Marf said...

Oh so happy you made it home alive and all. It was a fantastical surprise to walk out and see your truck in the driveway this morning. Keep having great adventures, but please continue to stay alive and un-maimed.